The GML800+ materials lift is one of those pieces of lifting equipment you just have to admire – for combining simplicity of use and some very clever technology.
This counterbalance floor crane has been developed by Weinold Lifte in Germany, based on a design specification developed by Hird to meet our customers’ requirements for easy-to-use, flexible, low cost lifting.
It is definitely an industry-leading materials lift, and has eight key applications that are driving rising demand for its use among out lifting equipment hire customers:
- 800kg capacity – the GML800+ counterbalance floor crane has a maximum lifting capacity of an impressive 800kg. This means it can be used for a wide range of materials and applications, including glass lifting, steel erection and stone lifting. It can be fitted with a range of attachments to facilitate this work.
- Compact design – the counterbalance floor crane is just 780mm wide and 1000mm long when stowed for transport, and weighs just 260kg (manual version) without counterbalance weights. This makes it easy to transport in a construction lift, and even a standard commercial lift, and to move through standard doorways.
- Head for heights – the GML800+ has a maximum working height of 7.94m (AC and DC versions), making it ideal for glass lifting in atriums or stone cladding on many building facades. The ability to work on the storey above without repositioning and resetting increases productivity.
- 360° rotation – no, it’s not a new move in the Rio Olympics gymnastics hall, but the ability of the counterbalance floor crane, when fitted with the new GML overhead glazing manipulator, to fully automatically rotate a glass panel, weighing up to 500kg, through a full turn. The result: precision glass installation at any angle, and a gold medal for productivity.
- Overhead glazing – staying with glass lifting, the combination of the GML800+ counterbalance floor crane and the glazing manipulator, developed by Kappel, again to Hird’s specification, allows glass panels to be raised and installed overhead, at full working height.
- Optional electric winch – The material lift can be fitted with an electric winch with a 120m cable to support materials lifting, for example, on construction sites. Combined with the machine’s ease of use in confined spaces and excellent lift capacity, this is a great aid to materials handling for any construction or maintenance project.
- Below the hook vacuum lifter – combined with the electric winch, the GML800+ counterbalance floor crane can be fitted with a below-the-hook vacuum lifter to carry out glass or cladding installation down a building.
- Fully automated remote control – The GML800+ offers fully automated glass installation. Thanks to the glass manipulator’s advanced design, there is no need to make any manual adjustments during the lift, increasing the speed, productivity and safety of glass lifting operations.
The counterbalance floor crane’s six castors make it simple and quick to transport and position. It also comes with excellence safety features, including a safe sensor-stop and dual safety brakes on the mast.
There are three models of the machine – a manual version, a battery-powered DC electric version, and an AC electric mains-powered version. Materials lifting could not be simpler, safer and more flexible.
Find out more about the 8 winning applications of the GML800+, plus counterbalance floor crane hire options from Hird. The materials lift is available for hire across the UK, via our three regional operating centres.
Northern 01482 227333
Central 01302 341659
Southern 0203 174 0658
Email: [email protected]