These three things we know to be true about our Product of the Month for April.
- You can have your cake and eat it.
- Cake is good for you.
- There is a cherry on top, possibly even two.
No, our Product of the Month is not a Mary Berry recipe. It is the Niftylift HeightRider 21 4×4 (AWD).
More precisely, it is the hybrid version of that proudly British-made articulating self-propelled cherry picker.
Diesel or electric – flexible power
It is this concept that allows you to have your cake and eat it when working at height.
The cherry picker gives our customers the flexibility of electric only operation, diesel only, and even a mix of the two. Here is how:
- The Niftylift HR 21 Hybrid AWD can be operated on electric power from long-lasting batteries only.
- It can also be switched to being powered by its eco-friendly, low emission diesel engine.
- Or, in diesel engine mode, the electric motor can boost the engine to give the platform extra oomph for climbing slopes or cutting through muddy ground.
- On top of that, in diesel mode, unused power from the thermal engine is used to recharge the batteries. This includes a ‘fast-charge’ function even while the cherry picker is idling.
That means that the Niftylift HR 21 could be operated 24 hours a day – running on diesel power during daylight hours and then switched to zero-emission, low noise battery electric power at night.
Good for you and the environment
It is this low-pollution, low carbon footprint performance that means this working at height cake is good for you – and the planet.
Another positive from Niftylift’s development of this smart hybrid system is that the platform can have a smaller diesel engine.
The engine’s advanced exhaust purification system then minimises CO and NOx emissions and cuts noise levels to a minimum.
This, in turn, complements the HR 21’s highly-compact design which reduces the weight of the platform to just under 7t, which is must less than many comparable platforms.
Impressive cherry picker performance
The space-saving design, combined with an excellent turning circle, delivers outstanding on-site manoeuvrability.
This is what plonks the cherry on top.
And the final clincher is that our Niftylift HR 21 delivers fantastic performance.
- A maximum working height of 20.8 metres.
- Unrestricted working outreach at 225 kg of 12.8 metres, enough for two-person operation.
- 40 per cent grade-ability.
- Great manoeuvrability, with a 4m outside turning radius.
- Award-winning SiOPS ant-crush safety system.
- 1600 platform rotation and 1500 fly boom rotation for precise positioning.
Smooth, proportional controls and Niftylift’s all-wheel-drive traction and suspension system also makes the HR 21 easier to operate across all types of ground.
Also, the cherry picker’s ToughCage platform is robust and light, contributing to safety and fast and confident operation.
And the icing – Hird access hire service
The icing on the cake is that you can hire the HR 21 Hybrid AWD from Hird. Which means you get fast and efficient delivery and collection, at times that suit you best, and competitive hire prices.
The Niftylift HR 21 cherry picker is just one of many platforms in our national boom lift hire fleet from low-level access platforms to super booms.
Hird will have exactly the right powered access platform for your needs. That includes cherry pickers, scissor lifts and personnel masts.
If you need MEWP operator training, we provide that too. Either at one of our three high-quality training centres, or at your premises.
Northern 01482 227333
Central 01302 341659
Southern 0203 174 0658
Email: [email protected]