Mobile Boom (3b, 3b+)
Self-propelled booms – (3b)
This one day IPAF training course instructs an operator how to prepare and safely use scissor lifts and mobile vertical personnel platforms. It provides both theory and practical training. The IPAF training course aims is to allow operators to manoeuvre, drive and position scissor lifts and mobile vertical personnel platforms safely and proficiently.
Areas of instruction include:
- Awareness of health and safety regulation, accident prevention and control
- Safe operation of scissor lifts and mobile self-propelled booms
- Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests
- Route planning before operation of mobile self-propelled booms
- Manoeuvring the machine
- Setting up a static vertical platform for work
- Basic operational skills
- Selection and use of fall arrest equipment
Delegates who successfully complete this IPAF training course will receive a PAL (Powered Access Licence) photo ID card for the IPAF 3b training category, which is valid for 5 years.
Self-propelled booms – (3b+)
For operators using scissor lifts and mobile vertical personnel platforms in challenging and higher risk environments, we also offer an IPAF training course called PAL+.
This is an additional one day course of category-specific training, with an emphasis on practical training and challenging practical exercises. This is followed with written and practical tests, plus individual interviews.
Book this course or find out more
Contact the Training department today on 01482 481965 to discuss your training requirements.Enquire Online