Hird has one of the most extensive ranges of vacuum glass lifters available on the market today, with many of its machines supplied by leading glass lifter manufacturer, Woods Powr-Grip.
Woods Powr-Grip vacuum lifters offer compact lifting and are lightweight and rugged. Most incorporate rotation and tilt features, so are able to carry out quick and precise glass positioning.
A vacuum glass lifter uses suction cups or suction pads to create a vacuum to hold sheets of glass in place – the number of suction cups on the glass lifter is dependent on the model.
Below is a little bit of information about each Woods Powr-Grip model available from the vacuum glass lifter hire fleet:
Woods Powr-Grip MT2
• our smallest unit, lifts up to 135kg in weight
• manual tilting from vertical to horizontal
Woods Powr-Grip P1104
• the ‘4 in-line’ model is probably our most popular vacuum glass lifter
• on-board maintenance free vacuum pump
Woods Powr-Grip MRT4
• probably the most used vacuum lifter in the world
• x4 extension arms allow alternative configurations
Woods Powr-Grip MRTA6
• x6 suction pads with multiple frame configurations
• vacuum gauge for each circuit
Woods Powr-Grip MR611
• manual +/- 90 degree lockable rotation
• x2 frame configurations
Woods Powr-Grip vacuum glass lifters, along with all other models are suitable for use with our fleet of Valla pick & carry cranes or mini cranes and Unic spider cranes.
We can also supply a number of glass lifting accessories, such as trolleys, A-frame stillages, material hoists, counterbalance floor cranes and other glazing accessories.
All Hird vacuum glass lifting equipment is available to customers anywhere throughout the UK from the Southern depot, serving London and the south, Central depot serving the Midlands and Wales and the Northern depot based at the head office in Hull, serving the North and Scotland.
For more information on our glass lifting services, please call a member of the Hird glass lifting team on: 01482 227333 to discuss your requirements.