Glass technology has developed rapidly in recent years. That’s why using the right glass lifting equipment, including vacuum lifters, is so vital.
We can supply the vacuum lifter that fits your precise needs, so you can get on with your glass lifting project quickly, safely and efficiently.
More buildings are being clad in glass. Technological advances mean it can now come in many more 2-d and 3-d shapes, sizes and weights.
Hird has both the expertise and capacity to provide customers with the right mini cranes and spider cranes for glass instillation combined with the right vacuum lifter accessories.
A vacuum lifter uses glass lifting suction cups, or suction pads, to hold sheets of glass in place. The number of suction cups on the glass lifter depends on the model used, plus the size, weight and shape of the piece of glass being lifted.
Here is a selection of the vacuum lifters we have in stock:
- The Wood’s Powr-Group MT2, compact vacuum lifter with its 135 kg capacity, provides an alternative to hand cups, reducing manual handling and boosting productivity.
- The DSZ2 is the slimmest vacuum glass lifter currently on the UK market. It’s only 75 kg but has an impressive 750 kg lifting capacity.
- Our Kombi 7211-DS2 vacuum lifter is a very popular choice, with its robust design and lockable tilt.
- Our DSL2 is a fully-adaptable 16-pad vacuum glass lifter, designed for convex or concave panels with a radius up to 1 metre.
- The Hydraulica 1200 is the most powerful vacuum lifter in the Hird fleet and is designed to lift large, heavy and irregular loads up to 1,200 kg.
All these vacuum glass lifters are suitable for use with our fleet of Valla pick & carry cranes or mini cranes and Unic spider cranes.
Hird also supplies other glass lifting and glazing accessories, such as trolleys, A-frame stillages, material hoists and counterbalance floor cranes.
All Hird vacuum glass lifting equipment is available across the UK from the southern depot, in Surrey, serving London and the south, the central depot, serving the Midlands and Wales, and the northern depot, based at the head office in Hull, Yorkshire, serving the North and Scotland.
For more information on our glass lifting services, call a member of the Hird glass lifting team on 0203 174 0658.