Hird continues to offer one of the country’s most extensive fleets of vacuum glass lifters for hire.
Hirds is continuing to expand its fleet of glass lifting equipment, particularly from its Southern depot, ensuring that its London, along with its UK customers can carry out commercial glazing work both quickly and efficiently.
A vacuum glass lifter uses suction cups or suction pads to create a vacuum to hold sheets of glass in place. The number of suction cups on the glass lifter is dependent on the model – smaller models have between 2 and 8 suction cups, where as larger models, designed to handle heavier loads, feature up to 16 suction cups.
As already mentioned, Hirds offers a wide range of vacuum glass lifters, so below is a little bit of information about each model available in the glass lifter hire fleet:
- Woods Powr-Grip MT2 – our smallest unit, lifts up to 135kg in weight
- Woods Powr-Grip P1104 – this ‘4 in-line’ is probably our most popular vacuum glass lifter
- Woods Powr-Grip MRT4 – a versatile machine and probably the most used vacuum lifter in the world
- Woods Powr-Grip MRTA6 – featuring 6 suction pads with multiple frame configurations
- Pannkoke Kombi 7211-DS2 – another very popular model, lifts up to 600kg
- Kappel DSZ2 – one of the slimmest vacuum glass lifters, the DSZ2 can still lift up to 750kg
- Kappel Hydraulica a real workhorse, the Hydraulica features extending arms and can handle up to 1000kg
- Kappel Hydraulica 1200 – features a remote control power tilter for larger loads
- Woods Powr-Grip MR611 based on the P11104, the MR611 extends to a 6 pad lifting length allowing it to lift up to 500kg
- DSL2 – a specialist curved vacuum lifter designed for handling convex and concave sheets of glass
All of our vacuum glass lifters are suitable for use with our fleet of mini-cranes. We can also supply a number of glass lifting accessories, such as trolleys and stillages, A frames, material hoists, counterbalance floor cranes and glazing ancillaries such as platform trucks, outrigger mats, timber billets/sleepers and glass suction cups, sometimes known as glass suction lifters.
Our vast range of vacuum glass lifting equipment is available to customers anywhere throughout the UK from the Southern depot, serving London and the south, Central depot serving the Midlands and Wales and the Northern depot based at the head office in Hull, serving the North and Scotland.
For more information on our glass lifting services, please call: 01482 227333 to discuss your requirements