Static Vertical (1a, 1a+)
Vertical personnel platforms (static) – (1a)
This one day IPAF training course instructs an operator how to prepare and safely operate static vertical personnel platforms. It provides both theory and practical training. The IPAF training course aims to allow operators to manoeuvre, drive and position vertical personnel platforms safely and proficiently.
Areas of instruction include:
- Awareness of health and safety regulation, accident prevention and control
- Safe operation of static vertical platforms and their limitations
- Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests
- Route planning before operation of static vertical platforms
- Manoeuvring the machine
- Setting up a static vertical platform for work
- Basic operational skills
- Selection and use of fall arrest equipment
On successful completion of the IPAF training course, each delegate will receive a PAL (Powered Access Licence) photo ID card for the 1a training category.
The card is valid for 5 years.
Vertical personnel platforms (static) – (1a+)
For operators using static vertical personnel platforms in challenging and higher risk environments, we also offer an IPAF training course called PAL+.
This is an additional one day course of category-specific training, with an emphasis on practical training and challenging practical exercises. This is followed with written and practical tests, plus individual interviews.
On successful completion of this IPAF training course, the delegates will receive a PAL+ Card for the IPAF 1a training category, which is valid for 5 years.
Book this course or find out more
Contact the Training department today on 01482 481965 to discuss your training requirements.Enquire Online